top of page
Family Meal


You may be eligible to sponsor your parents or grandparents to Canada as permanent residents.

Sponsoring parents or grandparents to Canada is a 2 step process.


Firstly, you need to submit your interest to sponsor form. The form is available for a very limited time at the beginning of the year. After the form closes, Canada will review the submissions and will invite you to submit the complete applications.

Second step is to submit the complete application for sponsoring your parents and/or grandparents.

Who can sponsor their parents and/or grandparents?

  • You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident

  • You must be living in Canada

  • At least 1 year of age

  • Must not receive any social assistance other than disability

Frequently asked questions

  • What is the processing fee?

    • The processing fee for one applicant is $1040. The biometric fee is $85 if applicable.

  • What is the processing time?

    • The processing time is estimated to take 20-24 months from the time of submission.

  • How long do I have to be financially responsible for my parents/grandparents?

    • For each of your sponsored parent/grandparent, you are financially responsible for 20 years.

  • Can I sponsor my parents-in-law?

    • No, you cannot. However, you can co-sign the application.

Click for Assessment

bottom of page